It's Friday, can you believe it! This summer is going by so fast! I hope y'all are enjoying your summer as much as we are! Here are my Friday 5 for this week:
1. Dinner and a ball game! Saturday we headed out to family dinner at a new little dive that my hubby has wanted to try for awhile. It was so fun! If you are ever in Hampton, VA head out to The Barking Dog, enjoy a nice cold beer and any type of hotdog you want!!! Right on the water and so fun! Then we joined a bunch of friends for a great ball game with the Peninsula Pilots. We were there to celebrate the end of 3 years of chemo for a family friend! So exciting to be a part of this big event in his life!!
2. A surprise day off! So I never wrote down a random day off on the calendar, so Wednesday morning I jumped out of bed and freaked out that hubby was going to be late to work. Nope, he was off! This is a big deal with the fire department, as y'all know, so we made the most of it! The little ones, hubby and I headed to Busch Gardens for the day. It was a hot one, not crowded out all, so it was a great day!
3. Vacation planning and countdown to our family mission trip! It's getting closer and we are all so excited!! It's time to start getting our mission clothes together! Less then 2 weeks, we will be packed in the car, headed out for a couple of days family vacation before we head to Beverly, Kentucky for our mission trip!
4. My baby girl is home! Sunday morning, my oldest daughter, along with 5 amazing youth friends and 2 awesome leaders headed out for a 9 hour drive to their youth retreat at Lake Junalaska in North Carolina. They had a great time worshipping with other youth, playing in a volleyball tournament, hitting up Sliding Rock and growing their faith. Last night hubby picked her up and she's home!!! Yay!! (In the picture below is my daughter (one on the left who looks exactly like me) and 2 of her closest friends, these girls have been friends since preschool! And they are headed into their sophomore year in highschool (3 different high schools, yet still friends)!
5. It wouldn't be a Friday 5 without including some business items (come on, it is a business website!). There were 2 things this week (at least I combined them in one!). 3 of my items were featured in 3 different treasury lists this week (my citrus girls dress, baby girls newborn onsie and my youth party like a pirate shirt). Also, my girlfriend and I have partnered up to bring a fun new exciting item to the shop: Monthly monogram themed box! This is pretty exciting and fun!! And already listed in the etsy shop!!